Private Charter Yacht Vacation in Canary Islands
The Spanish Canary Islands, located off the coast of West Africa, are an astonishingly well-kept sailing secret. A mild year round climate with a varied and beautiful backdrop, the seven islands of the Canaries offer a spectacular cruising ground with close proximity to each other. Despite the close proximity, each island has their own unique character and abounds with outdoor activities.
4 of the best anchorages in Canary Islands:
- Playas de Papagayo, Lanzarote
- Costa Calma, Fuerteventura
- Playa de Lobos, Isla de Lobos
- Bahia de Antequera, Tenerife
Canary Islands Charter Cruise Itineraries
Canary Islands Charter Yacht Season
The islands are consistently warm, dry and windy year-round, with a full range of water sports on offer. Summer (Jun–Sep) is the most popular time to visit, with crowds peaking in Aug. The Fuerteventura Music Festival (Jul) draws an eclectic range of global musicians, and the International Kite Festival (Corralejo, Nov) is one the island's biggest events, featuring themed kites and aerial stunts.
Canary Islands Charter Vacation Activities
- Hike Montaña de Tinday on Fuerteventura. Was considered a sacred place by the pre-colonial local population, and is also known as the Sacred Mountain today.