- Yachting News
- No comments
S/Y MARAE, 108′ – by Alloy Yachts
Guests: 6 Cabins: 3 Crew: 4
MARAE, 108′ Pilothouse Sloop, “Best Sailing Yacht”, International Superyacht Design Award, 2004
The name Marae ‘Mar-eye’ has origins from the native Maori tribe in New Zealand meaning a special meeting place for family and friends. With Marae’s New Zealand construction by Alloy Yachts, the name is a natural fit.
Designed by the distinguished architect Ted Fontaine and built by Alloy Yachts in 2004, MARAE is an elegant yacht with great performance, comfortable cruising and a professional, friendly, experienced crew. She is a remarkable yacht in her size range.
Designed and furnished in traditional style, her main and deck saloons have an air of traditional elegance and charm. Fine walnut paneling and luxurious fabrics ensure the utmost comfort.
MARAE also boasts a raising centerboard to allow access to shallower anchorages out of bounds to many others.
- On deck Marae has a private aft cockpit with collapsible spray hood and direct access to the master stateroom. This cockpit area is equipped with large cushions for lounging. A fold out stern section provides comfortable steps and a sturdy swim platform.
- Moving forward are the port and starboard steering stations, followed by the deck salon with U-shaped sofas to port and starboard and hi-lo table for dinner or cocktails. Side windows slide open and a removable aft Isenglass curtain protects against the elements. A protected helm station is located to starboard.
- Captive winches keep the teak decks free of clutter.
- The interior woodwork on MARAE consists of stained walnut and is complemented by luxurious fabrics and crisp white linens, down duvets and down pillows in the staterooms.
- The upper saloon has a full wet bar with stools and a leather U-shaped sofa with coffee table that converts into a comfortable lounging area with panoramic views.
- Main saloon with comfortable sofas, coffee table and dining table seating six is located below, galley and crew areas are forward of the saloon and guest accommodations aft of the saloon.
- The master stateroom is full width aft with private access to the aft deck. It has a centerline queen size bed, office and en suite bath room. There is a roomy stall shower with built in seat and a private staircase from the master stateroom to the aft cockpit.
- Double guest cabin with en suite bath room, stall shower and built in shower seat.
Twin guest cabin with Pullman berth and en suite bath room and stall shower.
The interior woodwork on MARAE consists of stained walnut and is complemented by luxurious fabrics and crisp white linens, down duvets and down pillows in the staterooms.